Monday, October 19, 2009

Ikkyu's Tonkatsu and Udon Combo


I did a review earlier on this little shop but I didn't know the name of the shop at the time. So now I'm reviewing a different meal. The name of the shop is Ikkyu, which serves simple, fast Japanese cuisine. Each meal is numbered and has a corresponding picture indicating what the customer would get. There are 22 items on the menu and the cost range from $6 to $10. Each meal is bound to fill you up. I chose #7 which is a combination of a simple udon noodle soup and a small portion of tonkatsu. I say "a small portion" because I compared it with the full portion of the tonkatsu meal which is gigantic, but really one can be full from eating that "small portion". The tonkatsu is a nicely fried port cutlet. Ikkyu uses a thin slice pork and the end result is a moist pork cutlet with a very crispy breading. Along with the tonkatsu is the udon, which is a hot noodle soup in a mildly flavored broth. I like to add kimchi to the udon to spice up the flavors. Anyway, Ikkyu is a good place to go for a quick lunch. Ikkyu on Urbanspoon

Ikkyu
8801 Baltimore National Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21043
410-203-9919

No comments: